POM Boutique may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This website stores information about your account, your orders, and products which interest you. It is used to manage your account and process your orders.
We may collect the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To process and deliver orders.
- To contact you, if necessary, to discuss your order.
- Personal data may be used to send triggered emails, such as cart and browse abandonment and order confirmation emails.
- Personal data may be used to personalize marketing, for example, to suggest products relevant to your previous shopping.
- If you specifically agree, personal data may also be used to send you special offers and product news by email.
We will not sell or share your information with any third party companies and you can unsubscribe from future email communication at any time.
Please see below for more detail:
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us by email or telephone. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information relating to your method of payment online
Payment information online is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Sage Pay. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Without cookies the Site won't work properly or be able to provide certain functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but will affect the functionality of the Site.
Cookies also help us analyse how anonymous users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know which features on the Site are working the best and which features can be improved. Analytic cookies do not identify you personally.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you choose to join our mailing list, we will email you from time to time about new products or offers that we feel might be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of each email.
You are not automatically added to our mailing list by purhcasing from us and we will not share your details with any third party marketing companies.